[TR] use of overdrive

Foster, Stan (HP IT) stan.foster at hp.com
Wed Aug 25 13:13:25 MDT 2010

Very few TR6's came to the US with Overdrive which is borderline criminal as
far as I am concerned but I have seen this decision rationalized as reducing
the cost of the base model and also because at the time there was a 55mph
speed limit so why would anyone need an overdrive... In contrast you would
have to work pretty hard to find a PI car that didn't have overdrive from the
factory.

Stan (74 TR6 with retrofitted  J-Type, thank you John Esposito)