[TR] TR3 Fan Belt

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 20:18:30 MDT 2010

Hi Terry;

I went through some older e-mails on this, as I'm sure someone had a
solution. Sure enough, a chap by the name of Adrian Jones (thanks, Adrian!) came
up with this: "The original belt was now too short but what works for me is
a  cogged Gates TR24379 Green Stripe II Belt 17A0960".

Although I'm a Brit living in Canada, I am frequently in touch with the
Australian TR Register and have several e-mail/forum friends there. They claim
 that the Fergie tractor with the "Standard" (i.e. TR-related) engine has a
 slightly longer length belt. Of course, this could be for the
Australian-spec  tractors only; they did some weird things for specific markets on
tractors back  then. The other spanner in the works is that the Aussie TR
alternator conversion  uses an alternator from a Toyota Dyna, which is a small
commercial vehicle not  found in North America (and maybe not in Europe either,
come to think of it). It  has the right size pulley already, but perhaps
there is something with that  alternator that does not require the belt to be
quite as long as when using the  N.A. conversion.

Tim (sorry for the rambling text there).