[TR] GT6 Oil Filter Adapter

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 20 17:13:18 MDT 2010

> Sooo... perhaps it would connect up, what I can't say is 'is a filter
> a filter'?

I can pretty much promise it ain't that easy!

First filter change on the 'new' TR3, I found what looked like the same
filter sitting on a shelf in the garage.  Didn't bother to check the number,
as I know that Fram changes them from time to time anyway.  Spent an
embarrassingly long time under the car, wondering why I couldn't get it to
thread onto the adapter ...

Turns out, that filter was for my LBC support vehicle (Buick wagon)!
Absolutely identical, except (smaller) metric threads in the end.

There are lots of potential internal differences as well, like the presence
of bypass valves, anti-drainback valves and so on.  But those seem less
relevant for a spin-on adapter (unless the original canister had the bypass
valve incorporated in the canister, like the Stag/TR7 do).

-- Randall