[TR] Ever hear of an solid axle tube pulling away from the Differential housing - TR4

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 20 14:55:49 MDT 2010

> Anyone got any ideas or more informatoin here?

I've certainly heard of the problem before, but only in a race setting.
Unfortunately I seem to have neglected to save the suggestions for a cure; I
only know that welding will NOT work.

Rather than waiting to see if it gets worse, I would check the halfshaft
end-play.  If the tube has actually moved at all, the endplay will be huge.
I'm not sure what the TR4 spec is offhand, but the TR3 spec is only .004" to
.006".

-- Randall