[TR] Quieting Facet Fuel Pumps

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 11:05:12 MDT 2010

On 8/16/10 9:49 AM, Randall wrote:
> BTW, TeriAnn, the Triumph Stag came stock with an electric fuel pump as do
> practically all modern cars.  The main advantage of the mechanical pump was
> low cost.

and reliability, and quiet.

The MGB came with an electric fuel pump too.  Back when I had a BGT I
used to get out and beat it with a knock off hammer once & a while when
it stopped working.

But modern cars really didn't transition over to electric fuel pumps
until they went to EFI that required higher pump pressure than a carb
did and needed the high pressure to be there before the engine started
to turn over.

Teriann