[TR] Quieting Facet Fuel Pumps

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 16 10:49:24 MDT 2010

> This would let the pump thump
> in mid air and
> without beating the car's panel like a drum skin.

As a less extreme version of the same idea, I used a sub-bracket on my Stag.
Pump mounted with rubber grommets on all 3 sides (under bolt head, between
pump & bracket, between nut & bracket) then more rubber on the
bracket-to-body mounts.  The result is that I can just barely hear the pump
from the driver's seat with the engine idling, not at all when moving.

BTW, TeriAnn, the Triumph Stag came stock with an electric fuel pump as do
practically all modern cars.  The main advantage of the mechanical pump was
low cost.

Randall