[TR] Quieting Facet Fuel Pumps

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sun Aug 15 23:31:24 MDT 2010

     I installed a Facet fuel pump behind the drivers seat under the rear seat/parcel shelf. I like the location. Good access and I can see the fuel filter by looking through the spoke wheels. I can also change the filter of fuel pump without jacking up the car. I mounted the pump on doubled 1/16th inch thick neoprene washers to buffer the noise.
     So, now when I drive the car it sounds like a woodpecker pecking away under the parcel shelf. Damn the thing is loud. What is the best way to quiet it down? All my concocted ideas are unbelievably complicated and probably overkill. Any listers have a simple way to quiet this thing down?
     TIA,

     Bill in Tehachapi