[TR] radiator duct material

Bill anabil007 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 09:08:10 MDT 2010

Not LBC, but Car Stuff and I think appropriate ... My Boss at NASA
had a Model T Ford, which he had restored and drove quite often.
Some front suspension part (I don' remember what) broke, and he could
not find a suitable replacement.  Took it to our machine shop (we
were in the process of building the Shuttle Simulator at Moffett
Field) and asked if they could make one.  Of course they could, and a
week or so later they presented him a new, shiny, very light part.

When asked they told him it was made from Titanium... the guy
shrugged "well that was all we had" ...

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford