[TR] radiator duct material

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 08:10:56 MDT 2010

> Just bought a new one, but plan to use it as a template to build a longer
lasting one. Any thoughts as to the proper material? Some kind of readily
available mylar, something like that????

The duct on The Blue TR3 is maybe 20 years old and in fine condition.

I made a duct for the TR3 racecar from 2024-T3 aircraft aluminum alloy .025
thick and polished it. Overkill, I know, but it looked cool and I'm just an
aviation guy, that's all there is to it. Not what you'd call readily
available, I got the sheet from Charlie Vogelsong's Dillsburg Aeroplane
Works.

John H.