[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 339

Keith Stewart keithstewart at execulink.com
Wed Aug 11 10:24:05 MDT 2010

Ed wrote:
 recently replaced a Canadian made after market pump (that failed) with the
Moss pump.  So far so good.  I also found that in my boxes of loot from the
PO was the original AC pump.  I am rebuilding that.  The challenge is
getting the old valves out and the new ones installed. The originals are
peened in (not sure of the correct term), but you need to dremel (this is a
verb right) them off  to even up the edges prior to attempting the change.

If someone else has a better method I'm sure they will chime in.

+++
The metal is quite soft. When I rebuilt mine, I used the sharp blade of a box
cutter to trim away the material and after replacing the valves, slightly
peened it over again in the same manner as original.

Keith R. Stewart
75 Camden Road
London, Ontario
N5X 2K2