[TR] TR6 fuel pump recommendations?

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Mon Aug 9 10:14:49 MDT 2010

Have TRF rebuild your AC unit, they did mine for $99, and it came back looking and working as brand new.

Craig
72 Triumph TR6

On Aug 9, 2010, Joe Merone <jmerone at rocketmail.com> wrote:

Greetings.

A few years ago I replaced my original AC fuel pump - as a precautionary
measure - with an aftermarket one. It was 30+ years old - and bound to die
soon right?

Only after that did I hear that the quality of these pumps (the ones without
the primer levers) were suspect, so I decided to carry around the old pump in
the boot. Good thing, as the "new" one died Friday night on the way to the
Hemmings Sports and Exotic Show in Saratoga. After 90 minutes on the side of
the road in the dark - we were off again with the old one installed and
pumping along doing its job. One lesson however - make sure you have at least
one small 1/2" wrench in your tool bag. I think you can take a complete TR6
apart with one.

The rest of the weekend went fine with great weather and a decent car show on
Saturday followed by a trip to the Saratoga Race Track on Sunday. There was
no winning at either event however.

Now - I obviously need to order another pump. Both TRF and Moss are selling
aftermarket units, albeit at widely different prices - TRF ($99), Moss ($50).
They both look similar, and the design includes the primer. Does anyone have
anything good or bad to say about either?

Thanks,

Joe Merone
South Burlington, VT
CF18928