[TR] Squealing front brakes on TR3 after running for a while

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 7 15:52:45 MDT 2010

On Friday, August 06, 2010 02:36:03 am Allan Reich wrote:
>   On my 1960 TR3A, the front brakes squeal badly but only after they get
> really warmed up. During the first half hour of driving, they are quiet
> and effective. Is there a quick fix anyone can recommend?
> Allan Reich
> Vancouver
> 1960 TR3A - TS65713L (+O)

Allan,

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a seized piston from time to
time.

So I took off the caliper and replaced the pistons with SS ones from TRF with
new seals etc. and so far 2 seasons, no problems.

When your break starts to squeal, stop and take a temp check of the rotor. Be
careful, if it is a seized piston the rotor will be very hot!

Bob