[TR] Squealing front brakes on TR3 after running for a while

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Aug 6 11:26:21 MDT 2010

> Are there shims available for this application?

I don't have the part number handy, but my FLAPS carries "universal fit"
shims that worked well for me when I had a problem on the TR.  These are
just rectangles of soft aluminum with adhesive on the back; cut them to
shape with scissors (preferably the shop scissors, not your wife's good
sewing scissors) and stick them on the back of the pads.

They worked for me after most of the other standard solutions (including
replacing the springs, deglazing the rotors, beveling the pads, goop on back
of pads, goop on front of pads, etc.) had failed.

-- Randall