[TR] TR4A Radiator

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Aug 5 23:23:58 MDT 2010

> Does
> anyone have suggestions on replacement radiators for a TR4A?

According to my radiator man, aluminum radiators aren't any more efficient
than copper, and possibly even less so.  That makes sense to me, since
aluminum is both a poorer conductor of heat, and weaker than copper (hence
needs to be thicker for the same strength).  The main advantage of aluminum
is cost.

He recored my original TR3A radiator for me over 10 years ago, with a modern
Modine core; and it is still going strong (now in the project TR3).  Seems
like the way to go, to me; assuming there is a standard core that will fit
your TR4A frame.

Randall