[TR] TR6 Gas Tank

Robert Jones rjones at wfeca.net
Wed Aug 4 16:13:15 MDT 2010

Folks:

On my way to and back to the TRF Summer Party, I had problems with pieces of
the fuel tank liner that I put in about 20 years ago clogging up my fuel
filter.  As it is in-line with the electric fuel pump on the inside of the
frame rail, both times I had to be towed to a garage to have the fuel filter
changed and the fuel line blown out back to the tank.  I am now in the market
for a new tanked.
Does anyone have any experience with the VB replacement tank they sell for
around $200.  The alloy tanks that I have found are around $575.  I also know
there is a company named gas tank renu.  Has anyone used this service for a TR
6 tank, and if so, how much was it.
Thanks for your help.