[TR] Correct TR4/TR4A/TR250 Steel Wheel Size

James Henningsen trguy at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 2 18:03:01 MDT 2010

Ok, now I am in quandry.  My 62 TR4 came with 4 inch steel wheels, which I
thought were correct for TR2-3.  The TRA concours guidelines stated the TR4
came with 4 1/2 inch steel wheels.  However, a few original literature pieces
I have looked at mention the 4 inch steel wheels as standard on the TR4.
These are the wheels that are riveted together.  A club member mentioned that
the TR250 came with 4 1/2 inch steel wheels that were welded and not riveted.
Does this sound right to folks?

I have a set of both right now and plan on using the wider 4  1/2 inch rim so
I can put 185 width tires on.

Thanks,
Jim Henningsen
Maitland, FL (oppressive heat - that was the forecast in the paper!)
62 TR4 CT5212LO
75 TR6