[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 326

Keith Stewart keithstewart at execulink.com
Mon Aug 2 17:16:40 MDT 2010

Right you are Marty. I have been at every Summer Party except the first one -
even in the years where they did not have a summer party, I visited anyway.
Summer Party started as a way for TRF to thank their customers. The events
were great, the new friends were phenomenal, and checking out what may or not
be correct on so many cars was a fantastic opportunity. Many years ago, there
were over 1000 people at the BBQ and drive-in movie and then the next night,
sitting down to dinner followed by live entertainment and a dance. There is
nothing like it. For the first few years, we drove our TR4. Later, we brought
our Spitfire. More recently we have brought our TR3. Maybe cancelling now and
again was a mistake. Maybe moving the date around was a mistake. But,
regardless, the fun and value remain fantastic. Early on, my wife and I made
Summer Party a family vacation every year. Now, the kids have all moved on to
lives of their own but still reminisce about Summer Party and talk about one
day coming back for one more Summer Party. In fact, we are thinking about how
to make all of that happen - I have to figure out how to get enough cars ready
for everyone.

Any way, it is hard to believe that more Triumph owners (and other marques) do
not take advantage of such a fantastic opportunity and value. It doesn't
matter whether you are into the competitive aspects (well done Sukey family
and Richard Goode) or the fun aspects (fantastic Mountain Tour and Winery
Tour) we all appreciate Dave's bonfires and music at TRF's grounds and the
fantastic friendships we have developed over the years. Charles is more than
just a vendor, he has always been a supporter of our hobby and in the case of
the Summer Party, a provider of fantastic opportunities. Thanks Charles.

For those who have never been or for those who have not been there in a long
time, let's all get together next year and have a blast. I hope to see more of
you on the streets of Indiana PA next summer.

Keith Stewart
London, Ontario