[TR] Mark Joslyn's Triumph estate auction

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 11:39:15 MDT 2010

> Fortunately I had a NOS unit sitting on the shelf and bolted it on.

If it was really NOS, you might want to consider changing the diaphragm
sooner rather than later.  The original diaphragms won't stand up to our
modern 'oxygenated' fuel, and will very likely start leaking fuel out the
weep hole (or into the crankcase).

> It had gotten
> so hot the fins had become desoldered from the tubes.

That's interesting.  I had a similar problem with my original TR3A radiator,
but it didn't seem to have ever been soldered.  Apparently, the tubes were
just pressed through the fins, and either thermal cycles or corrosion had
loosened them.  I'm thinking I may have a similar problem with my current
TR3 radiator, which was apparently recored many decades ago with the same
type of core (but no crank hole).

-- Randall