[TR] Mark Joslyn's Triumph estate auction

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Fri Apr 30 10:32:52 MDT 2010

Spent Tuesday and Wednesday evenings working on Mark's old TR4.  I
happend to have a set of HS6 carbs with manifold sitting on the shelf
as well as a nice ready to go radiator.  Installed the manifold, carbs
and radiator and tried to start it.  No luck.  Turns out that after 8
years sitting in the repair shop the fuel pump had failed.  Not to
surprising just a pain in the backside to have to replace.
Fortunately I had a NOS unit sitting on the shelf and bolted it on.
After that it started right up.  Sounds good and revs smoothly.

After checking the brakes out after work we should be taking it for a
test drive around the neighborhood.

As a backup I took the original radiator to a shop to have the leak
fixed and checked out.  Turns out it was a good think I had a good one
sitting on the shelf. The original radiator was toast.  It had gotten
so hot the fins had become desoldered from the tubes.  You could slide
the fins up and down like an accordian.  I had never seen a radiator
this bad before.  For about $300 it can be fixed.  The tanks and sides
are good so its going to be stashed away in the barn "just in case".

Brad
1963 TR4 (among others)