[TR] Front wheel bearings

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Thu Apr 29 08:40:47 MDT 2010

Hello List:
Puzzling over the selection of front wheel bearings for my TR2. Have
updated to discs, so thought I would re-do the hubs as well. Have
considered using Timken, but they are at a real premium, around $100 per
wheel. Not sure what the big three offer in their bearing packages, but
they look like off-shore bearings with the exception of TRF which has a
Timken package. Our local bearing house can offer Timken for a slight
discount.
Should off-shore bearings be avoided? Bite the bullet and go for Timken?
Wondering about other listers experiences.
Thanks in advance for any direction on this.
Angelo Graham