[TR] K N AGAIN.........LOL

Dan Forgey cofrog at q.com
Sat Apr 24 18:05:21 MDT 2010

In addition.......

The area where one lives should be considered.  Here in Denver it's awfully
dusty year around.  Thus I run the cardboard stock filters on my street TR4.
Due to the altitude here the power difference between the K and Ns and stock
probably would be marginal.  With some exceptions I would think most areas
west of the Big Muddy would have more crap in the air that need filtering as
opposed to those in the east.

My TR4A racer presents a whole different set of problems.  Many folks east of
here tend to run velocity stacks w/o filters.  Most of the race courses in the
west have a very high amount of ambient dirt in the air and even more if you
fall off the road as there is little to no grass off course.  I have some sock
filters over my velocity stacks that I sprayed with K and N oil but would
guess that I ingest more dirt than I would like.  Probably an air box with
filter would be an improvement but that's for another day.

Dan Forgey

> Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:16:44 -0700
> From: nafzigerg at yahoo.com
> To: triumphs at autox.team.net
> Subject: [TR] K N AGAIN.........LOL
>
> Just purchased K and N's for my tr-6 and then found the research on the
> various products! I plan on using them but feel that there is another angle
> to the question which is engine wear. This is also probably much harder to
> research. How much is engine life shortened or lengthened by allowing
various
> amounts of particles into the engine from the various elements? Of course
> that depends on the "particles" size, structure of the particles ect.
>
> My
> engine was overhauled at around 93,000 miles (supposed miles). Would
various
> elements had increased the life? By how much? Shortened the life? By how
> much? Of course driving style, conditions and climate also affect engine
> life. How much crap has to be sucked into an engine to significantly
shorten
> its life? How much of an engines wear comes from intake dirt? There are so
> many variables to engine wear.
>
> Another issue is how much "seat in the pants"
> feel can a person really feel between the various elements? Which brings me
> to the question of why I spent more for my filters.lol I'm not
> sure..............responding to marketing is one reason. I'm hoping to feel
> or hear a differance (love to hear that "sucking" on acceleration lol) but
am
> not confident I'll win a race against a common econobox because of them.
lolol