[TR] Mounting Inner Sills---rubber pads

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Mon Apr 19 18:54:58 MDT 2010

On 4/19/2010 3:32 PM, A Daniel Cronin wrote:
> Am trial fitting body components on RATCO chassis and have a general question
> concerning the placement of the body mounting pads on the four frame
> outriggers that accept the inner sills and floor pans.  The parts book shows
> up to 4 pads at each location and am wondering what has worked for others, and
> the sequence you used.  IE, did you mount the pads to the outriggers and then
> attach the sill with no pad between the sill mount and the floor, or mount
> sill directly to outriggers and pads between sill and floor, etc.  Any advise
> or past experience appreciated.  Have also noted that the reproduction rear
> (sloped pre 60,000) floor panel is about 1/2" shy of meeting the inner sill on
> the RHS.  Am thinking I should wait to deter min a remedy till the tub with
> inner fenders intact is placed over it.
> Dan
Dan, the door fit is the critical determinant for the required number of
shims.  I set my TR4's tub on the frame, installed the doors then
snugged down the bolts as a trial fit.  Then I removed the bolts on one
side, gently jacked up the tub, slid pads under the tub and re-snugged
the bolts, .  It'll take a bit of fiddling, but you'll get it.

jim

--
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg VA