[TR] Mounting Inner Sills---rubber pads

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 19 16:09:53 MDT 2010

On Monday 19 April 2010 03:32:47 pm A Daniel Cronin wrote:
> Am trial fitting body components on RATCO chassis and have a general
>  question concerning the placement of the body mounting pads on the four
>  frame outriggers that accept the inner sills and floor pans.  The parts
>  book shows up to 4 pads at each location and am wondering what has worked
>  for others, and the sequence you used.  IE, did you mount the pads to the
>  outriggers and then attach the sill with no pad between the sill mount and
>  the floor, or mount sill directly to outriggers and pads between sill and
>  floor, etc.  Any advise or past experience appreciated.  Have also noted
>  that the reproduction rear (sloped pre 60,000) floor panel is about 1/2"
>  shy of meeting the inner sill on the RHS.  Am thinking I should wait to
>  deter min a remedy till the tub with inner fenders intact is placed over
>  it.
> Dan

Dan,

I use contact cement to glue all pads to the frame. This includes all the
metal pads as well. Makes installing the frame that much easier.

On a 6 the # of pads and metal shims depends on the doors. Trial and error
usually.

Just completed installing the body tub on my 72 6 project. Everything went
just as planned. Every hole in the body lined up with its hole/welded nut in
the frame.

Bob