[TR] POR question - re-transmit

Mark Hooper mhooper at digiscreen.ca
Sat Apr 17 18:19:27 MDT 2010

I know from POR's documentation that POR-15 is succeptible to discoloration
from excessive UV exposure. The question is how much?
Over the past year or so, I have been slowly working my way through the engine
bay (painted black these many years) and scrubbing down surfaces and fittings.
I've been applying POR with very pleasing results. However, I have not been
top-coating.
The part I did last year still seems perfectly fine. The car is indoors most
times. Is it a very gradual greying, or is the engine bay protected enough
that I can leave it bare POR coated as it is? I quite like the present surface
and semi-mid gloss that comes with the material. Just don't feel like having
it suddenly go all grey on me.
Mark Hooper
1972 TR6.