[TR] Valve Cover

Kurtis J. tr4driver at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 19:57:56 MDT 2010

Terry,

I believe the TR3 valve cover is the same size as the TR4, but the oil
filler is on the opposite end.  I actually have a TR3 valve cover that
I don't need and would gladly send you if you want it.  It's not in
the best shape in the world, but I suspect it could be cleaned up and
re-chromed.

--
Kurtis
Russellville, Arkansas

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 4:59 PM,  <terryrs at comcast.net> wrote:
> This is almost too elementary to be possible.  Which is why, of course, it
mystifies me!

> Chasing the oil leak on the TR3A, I had advice from the list about the
potential for distortion of the valve cover.  Particularly likely since I
bought it used off E-Bay years ago and it's not correct.  It has one of those
threaded holes for the evacuation hose that must go to the intake for
reburning, but which I plugged with a ss bolt.

> Anyway, today I felt the edges for the first time and find it overlaps the
head surface on the dizzy side by three-eights, maybe more, meaning the Justin
Wagner seal only partially contacts the head surface.  I don't know if it's
fixable.

> Two questions:
>
> 1)  Is the 3 valve cover narrower than the 4 (or could it be an MGB,
something like that?)?

> 2)  Wife gave me a pressure washer a couple of Christmases ago.  Any
recommendations on the soap to use?  Cascade dishwasher?  Carwash?