[TR] Identifying Mk III Engine Block Externally

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Tue Apr 13 12:56:55 MDT 2010

Hi All,
   I'm going down after work with my Van to pick up some loose Bits from
the Garage where the 69 Spitfire Mk III is located . The Engine was rebuilt in
the
past and until I pull the Sump Pan and look at what I have, How can I tell if
this replacement
Engine is a Mk III or the later, larger Bearing Sized example by looking at it
externally or
by having some Casting #'s to go by. I seen a single Carb Manifold amongst his
spares
and I'm hoping it didn't come off of this Engine.
   He has 2 Trannies and an extra Diff., so there's hope it's a Mk III if he
picked up the rest
of the pieces from another Collection. In the meantime, I'll be anxious to
identify it, when I get there.
Any help appreciated. I won't be leaving for another 2 1/2 hrs.
Cheers,
Wayne
Douglas, MA