[TR] Preparing the babies to come home

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Sat Apr 10 22:17:23 MDT 2010

Good evening all

After a long time, a long divorce proceeding, a new house and so on, my
TR3a and Spit6 are about to be picked up from the ex's temporary
custody.  The 3a will be no problem putting on the trailer to transport.
My problem is the spit6, it currently has no gearbox in her, currently
there is a floor jack holding up the rear of the engine.  In order to
move the spit I need to remove the jack; so here are the questions:

1/ can the engine mounts hold a gt6 motor without the jack ok?  At least
initially
2/ once the spit is on the trailer can she be transported without rear
motor support?
3/ then once the car is at the new place I should put the support in the
rear of the engine right?

Also, these are being moved to a new temporary location, and the plan is
to build a 16'x16' garage.  Does someone have some plans in electronic
form they would be willing to share?

Many thanks and looking forward to getting in a LBC again

David Templeton
'59 TR3a
'76 Spit6