[TR] Spitfire Mk III Engine Interchangeability Pre-71?

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Sat Apr 10 16:28:06 MDT 2010

Hi Mike, Thanks for the info, I'm glad to hear it. I've got a 69 with a
replacement 1300 Engine
on the side. I haven't gotten it home yet, so I don't know what generation
1300.
Which do You prefer if it had been rebuilt to original spec, which this one
supposedly has.
I'll pull the Bottom End apart and Check out what been done and change Rod
Bolts and
Assembly Lube, along with checking the Oil Pump. I was told everything
ground -.010"
and Pistons +.010". The Car was a cheap Basket Case that's very solid. so
I'm fine
with any prospective disappointments.
Cheers,
Wayne
Douglas, MA
64 TR4 (project)
69 Spitfire (soon)
75 TR6  (Daily Driver after Headlight Dimmer Switch Change)