[TR] Spitfire Mk III Engine Interchangeability Pre-71?

Wayne Lee wayne at motorcarriage.com
Sat Apr 10 16:16:51 MDT 2010

Thanks Joe,
   The Guy who's selling me the Car said it was too bad he didn't have the
1300 Block with the same Serial#
as the Engine that broke it's Crank and got replaced with this 1300. I don't
know why he'd be worried about
#'s matching on this Car. I thought later he might have meant he now has the
later 1300 mentioned below as opposed to the
original 69 type  Motor, I was wondering if he was talking about the Casting
#. I hope it's the older style 1300.
Is there one that's preferred over the other? I have some HS4's I'd like to
fit on this. How are Manifold's to find for these?
I've seen the Adapter Plates, but will the UK 1500 Intake Manifold set up
for 2 x HS6's fit on the 1300 Heads and how available
are they? I have a few 1500 x 1 Stromberg type Manifolds. I was curious if
many people have run 1-HS6 on the Manifold?
I wouldn't go this route, but it seems adequate for a street 1300. Sorry for
all the questions...
Cheers,
Wayne