[TR] Looking for a 60 model standard 10 (Triumph 10)

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 18:57:45 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----

From: spook01 at comcast.net <spook01 at comcast.net>

Perhaps, but I owned one titled as such. Interestingly, when I took it to the
UK for three years, they registered it as a 60.  Then upon returning to the
u.s., Texas did the same thing.
Probably more correct to say there were none MADE in 1960.  Remember they used
to title the cars year as the year in which it sold.  Seems strange now,
doesn't it?  Dmv would have hernias over that sort of thing now!

==AM==
Right! The Triumph 10 seems to have coincided with the Standard Ten Gold Star,
built from April 1957 to July 1959. Likely you had one of the later ones. As
it often took several months from build to arrival in the US, it's very likely
it was sold in late 1959 or even early 1960 as a 1960 model!

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us