[TR] Rear oil seal leak

dave1massey at cs.com dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Apr 7 05:43:28 MDT 2010

My 4A has developed and oil leak round the rear crankcase seal. I'm advised
that it's very likely due to crankcase pressure not being vented properly
via the ancient PCV valve and I should try fitting a TR3 or 4 vent pipe
underneath the fuel pump.( #39 on the exploded engine view.)
None of the usual suspects seem to have one on the shelf.
Has anyone got a spare hanging round their garage they have no use for that
I could buy? It would involve posting it to France where I live but it might
save me from having to pull the engine!

 Or post it to me and I'll hand carry it over to Brittany, if you're going,
David?

Dave