[TR] valve timing update

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Apr 4 14:50:29 MDT 2010

> Of course I am back to a previous problem now with quite a flow of oil
> streaming down between the engine and box, me thinks crank
> seal, it does not
> appear to be the sump and is definitely not the head, engine
> out?????.

Not likely to be the seal, unless you forgot to install it or some such.  If
you are sure it's not the hex-head plug in the back corner of the head, I
would suspect the plug in the end of the oil galley, or perhaps the one in
the camshaft bore.  Unfortunately the remedy is the same.

> I also
> noticed while running some oil coming out around one of the
> front head studs, any thoughts???

Most likely some left over oil that got trapped in the bore for the stud.
If so, it will stop soon.  Otherwise I think it has to be a leak from the
rocker cover or similar, as there is no place for oil to leak into the stud
area.

Randall