[TR] valve timing update

John Gillis jgillis at tcd.ie
Sun Apr 4 11:24:22 MDT 2010

Thanks all, it does seem ok, I do remember during the re-build adjusting the
timing slightly on recommendation by inverting the sprocket or some such
maneuver. Anyhow I went back to basics and came across a problem I listed
before, I got it running, roughly, but while running by pulling No2 lead off
the plug and holding it close the engine ran much smoother, I can't remember
what this is an indication of, put I changed the plug lead and lead on2 and
began to run better, did ignition timing and mixture again and bruum smooth as
you like.
Of course I am back to a previous problem now with quite a flow of oil
streaming down between the engine and box, me thinks crank seal, it does not
appear to be the sump and is definitely not the head, engine out?????. I also
noticed while running some oil coming out around one of the front head studs,
any thoughts???
Maybe I should accept I'm not good at engine rebuilds and leave it to the
experts, the problem is they are few and far between here in Ireland.
Thanks for the support and help
John