[TR] valve adjuatment problem

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Apr 3 15:22:17 MST 2010

> I put a
> straight edge across all the valve springs and they're all
> the same height.
>
> Any insights would be much appreciated.

My next step would be to remove the pushrod for #8 and inspect it.  The
lower end may be coming apart and holding it higher than it should.  Compare
it to #7, they should be the same length.

You'll have to remove the rocker shaft first, of course, then pull the
pushrod up just slightly and spin it in your fingers until it comes free of
the lifter.  Sometimes the suction of the oil puddled in the lifter is
enough to lift the lifter from it's bore, which would require pulling the
head to correct.

Randall