[TR] valve adjuatment problem

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Sat Apr 3 13:50:15 MST 2010

I'm sorry to say that I can't think of any scenario that would cause
that problem that doesn't involve pulling at least the head.  It
sounds to me like either something is wrong with the cam / tappet or
the valve is recessing deeply in to the head or the head of the valve
is ready to come off.  The straightedge across the valves seems to
largely rule out the last two scenarios.  Best case is that something
fell into the tappet, the pushrod is sitting on top of it, and it can
easily be removed without further disassembly.

- Tony Drews