[TR] A-Type OD Disengaging Question

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Thu Apr 1 07:51:58 MST 2010

     I have a 1960 TR3 with a TR6 transmission with an A-type overdrive.
Everything works well except that when I take it out of overdrive while going
down a hill (in gear) it doesn't disengage the overdrive for about 10 seconds
when I flick the switch. It seems to come out of overdrive if I flick the
switch out of overdrive with the clutch in, but this is not always the case.
     Likewise, If I am driving up a hill and take it out of overdrive it
disengages immediately.
     Are there adjustments I can make to fix this? As it is now, I just drive
it and enjoy it even though it is not working as I think it should.
     TIA

     Bill in Tehachapi