[TR] Going to look at a TR250 – ballpark value please.

Rich White rlwhitetr3b at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 29 18:08:40 MDT 2009

One of the guys on another list, who buys and sell a lot of cars, suggest that
you put the money you want to pay for the car in one pocket and the amount you
are willing to add in another.  If you can not get the car for the amount you
have decided on, give him your best offer and phone number on a card and go
home.  He says that the sight of the cash will lower the price.

The worst thing you can do is get your emotions involved in the purchase.

I do not know how well I would do at following his suggestions, but it is a
goal.

Rich White St. Joseph, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF587L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!

> From: mowog73 at sympatico.ca
> To: triumphs at autox.team.net; 6pack at autox.team.net
> Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:12:16 -0400
> Subject: [TR] Going to look at a TR250  ballpark value please.
>
> Hi Everyone;
>
> I have been a long-time admirer of the TR250, but I am not new to Triumphs
and
> lbcs in general. I have a 73 MGBGT, which has been a rolling restoration
for
> the past 12 years. I have also owned a 80 Spitfire for 7 years, which I did
> complete restoration on two winters ago (lots of new panels). And over the
> past year my step-son and I have been restoring a 76 TR7 for him.
>
> For years I have been telling my wife that I would trade both the MGBGT and
> the Spitfire for a TR250. Well my chance to obtain one may have arrived.
Just