[TR] TR] 2-speed wiper wiring diagram

carlsereda carlsereda at aol.com
Mon Sep 28 20:23:20 MDT 2009

I don't know if you have a field winding with pos/neg going one way, and you
overlay it with minor secondary winding with the opposite polarity - what
happens.. does the magnetic force field gets stronger or weaker?
I took a peek inside the 2-speed and it actually has only 10 loops of
overlaying winding, not 50 like I thought, but I can't tell the polarities.
A few years ago I was wondering how could a mere 10 additional loops of wire
(thread insulation) on top of  about 100 standard loops (lacquer insulated),
could speed this motor up - but ahah, after Tony's info today - I'm thinking
it may slow it down!
Please, somebody tell us the answer!
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

I think I liked your first explanation better (that the additional
windings increased the strength of the field and the motor's speed).
Since the 1-speed motor has it's hot lead always on and the switch
controls a ground it would not surprise me if on a 2-speed motor both
windings were always connected to a hot lead and the switch controlled
whether one or both were grounded.

Interesting & mysterious.

Geo