[TR] TR2/3 transmission crossmember

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Sun Sep 27 09:38:57 MDT 2009

Hello List:
A quick question regarding the rear transmission support crossmember.
Wondering about the orientation of this piece. In my dissassembly
phase (why do I always do this), didn't really pay attention to the
way it was positioned and can go two ways. There is a lip and hole in
the lip on the part. Does this lip face up against the trans or does
it hang down adjacent to the exhaust system? Can't find any clear
photos or references to the orientation of this part.
In an earlier post I asked about the transmission mount stiffeners.
Are they required with the newer, different profile transmission
mount? Doesn't seem they would work on the new mount.
Thanks for this direction.
Angelo Graham