[TR] towing

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 27 00:23:16 MDT 2009

> Just wondering if anyone has flat towed an LBC any great
> distance?  I'm
> thinking of doing that when attending long distance meets.

Flat towing is a horrible thing to do to any car you care about!  The dust
and dirt kicked up by the tow vehicle will literally flay the paint off; and
every turn puts a bunch of stress into a part of the car that was never
designed to handle it.

I flat-towed my TR3A a total of about 40 miles, and was sorry I did even
that.  Did a fair amount of flat-towing of a Chevy that I didn't
particularly care about, and it not only took all the paint off the front of
the car, but eventually broke the body in half where it flexed.

Randall