[TR] anyone replacing carpet?

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Sep 23 06:17:11 MDT 2009

In a message dated 9/22/2009 8:09:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
jimmuller at rcn.com writes:
> My GT6 needs some new carpet.  More specifically, most of the carpet
> is fine, old but with plenty of life left, but the section over the
> tranny tunnel was worn out long ago.  The main suppliers have carpets
> sets but they are rather expensive when you consider that I don't
> need much.  Nor do I want to go through the trouble of pulling and re-
> glueing if I don't have to, which makes all those other pieces
> redundant twice.  Would any of you have a decent section of carpet
> for the tranny cover?  Black.  Thanks.

I dunno, Jim.  Maybe you should just let nature take its course.  If you
replace that piece of carpet it will soon enough go bald again.  Maybe your
car is just trying to resemble its owner.  ;-)

Or you could try a comb-over.

Dave

P.S. I'd donate some of my old TR6 carpet but I tossed it out after the
mice got to it.  I don't think you'd want it anyway.