[TR] Dinner Cruises at Tfest

D&B Lambert blambert at socal.rr.com
Tue Sep 22 22:36:00 MDT 2009

Basically, the Tfest/VTR 2009 organizers have arranged for attendees to
convoy in their Triumphs to local restaurants for dinner Friday evening.
There will be a number of convoys, each to a different restaurant and
usually limited to about 25 people or so.  Each convoy will have a leader
who has pre-arranged seating and parking for their TR group.  You choose
your group/restaurant in advance at the registration table; restaurant
choices range from very casual to very nice.  I think most restaurants are
within a 15 mile radius of the host hotel.  It's just a nice way to have a
fun dinner with fellow Tfest/VTR attendees as well a see a bit of the
countryside.  I was introduced to this concept at NATC 2008 (VTR 2008) in
Ypsilanti, MI, and it worked well.  We had a good dinner in Ann Arbor with
other TR folks and walked downtown Ann Arbor afterward - something we
probably would have missed otherwise.

And, as long as we are talking Tfest/VTR 2009, just a reminder that the
AUTOCROSS is on THURSDAY instead of the traditional Friday.  Details will be
in the program and also on an info sheet in your registration packet, as
well as at the registration desk.

Dennis