[TR] TTACD Activities, SF Bay Area, 9/24 - 9/30

JoeCainPE at aol.com JoeCainPE at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 01:44:47 MDT 2009

You've heard about John Macartney's final weekend in the San Francisco Bay
Area before Triumphest/VTR. The details follow. We have planned these
events to  be accessible to Triumph and other LBC enthusiasts throughout the Bay
Area.  Come spend the entire weekend, or tour with us for a day, or just
meet John  Macartney at one of the meet-and-greet stops.

Thursday evening, 9/24. John will be speaking at a local Lions Club meeting
 in Corte Madera (North Bay). There is limited availability for local
guests,  with a nominal fee to cover dinner. Contact me if interested (e-mail
preferred)  and I will refer you to the event host.

Friday, 9/25: Rest day for John & Liz in the North Bay. If we are
successful with scheduling any morning phone-in interviews with local radio
stations, I will post the information in advance as best we can.

Saturday morning, 9/26: Meet at the Larkspur Ferry parking lot at 9:00 a.m.
 sharp for a San Francisco driving tour. The first departures for the tour
will begin at 9:30 a.m., with a scenic route and scenic  stops. Route maps
will be distributed. There will be tour leaders, but the  tour is considered
self-guided. Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge, tour down  Lombard Street
-- the crookedest street in the world, see the view from  Twin Peaks (if
it's not fogged in), see Golden Gate Park and the Cliff House.  Lunch at place
of your choosing. The tour ends at the VA Hospital in Menlo  Park. (NOT
Palo Alto! The location was changed.)

Saturday afternoon, 9/26: Meet and greet at 3:00 p.m. at the VA Hospital in
 Menlo Park (NOT Palo Alto, the location was changed), the location of
their PTSD  center. Put on a little show & shine for the veterans. Disperse at
approximately 5:00 p.m. Those in attendance at the VA Hospital show &  shine
will be invited to a reception at a private  residence Saturday evening.

Sunday morning, 9/27: Meet at the Blackhawk Automotive Museum in Danville
(East Bay) at 10:00 a.m. John speaks at 11:00 a.m. Lunch at restaurants
nearby. We will hang out at the museum until about 2:00 p.m. This place is
fantastic. The TTA Stag and other Triumphs are welcome to be prominently
displayed at the museum entrance.

Sunday afternoon, 9/27: Depart the Blackhawk Museum at 2:00 p.m. for an
East Bay driving tour. Tour ends and disperses in Milpitas.

Monday morning, 9/28: Meet at Hobee's Restaurant in Los Gatos at 9:00 a.m.
for breakfast. Tour over the Santa Cruz mountains to the Canepa Museum in
Scotts  Valley. See things that go fast, as the Canepa Museum is about
racing. Lunch  stop after leaving the museum. Tour resumes to hand-off of lead at
Moss  Landing.

Tuesday, 9/29: Rest day for John & Liz in the Monterey area.

Wednesday morning, 9/30: Meet at the Rio Road Shopping Center in Carmel at
Highway 1 and Rio Road at 8:30 a.m. Final TTACD tour departs Carmel at 9:00
a.m.  and proceeds down Highway 1 to Triumphest/VTR at San Luis Obispo.
Scenic photo  stops and comfort stops along the way. Lunch in Cambria. We
expect this caravan  to get huge as we approach San Luis Obispo. If you don't
make the 9:00 a.m.  departure, it won't be difficult to catch up with us. If
you are already in SLO,  please head north and join us for the end of the tour.

Wednesday afternoon, 9/30: We expect to arrive in SLO at 2:30 p.m. (to be
verified), and we hope for a Grand Reception as we enter the parking lot of
the  Embassy Suites. We will post updates about this final tour.

Please join us wherever you can! And please spread the word to Triumph and
other LBC enthusiasts. Other LBC's are especially welcome at the Blackhawk
Museum on Sunday.

This message is long. If you reply to it within the group, please delete
the original message so it is not copied multiple times.

Happy Trails,

Joe Cain
Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club
_JoeCainPE at aol.com_ (mailto:JoeCainPE at aol.com)