[TR] TR Servo Rebuilder - Diaphragm source

Chad triumph74tr6 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 21:47:12 MDT 2009

I've heard that the diaphragm for '65 - '66 Mustangs can be used.  These can
be had from good Mustang parts suppliers.

Chad in Tulsa

Message: 5
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:10:45 +0000 (UTC)
From: stantr6 at comcast.net
Subject: Re:
[TR] TR Servo Rebuilder - Diaphragm source
To: Triumph List
<triumphs at autox.team.net>
<1502388774.5441261253574645245.JavaMail.root at sz0153a.westchester.pa.mail.com
cast.net>

List,
Does
anyone out there know where I can purchase a diaphragm for a TR6 brake servo ?
Years ago, I came across two old units, plus the one on my '74 TR6, that I was
restoring.
I opened all three, discovered my original was torn, apparently at
manufacture. I replaced it with the better of the other two diaphragms, had
best can powdercoated (kept mating surfaces bare), replaced the other
components with new, from TRF, and reassembled.

Now, I would like to
assemble another, but rubber diaphragms seem to be a controlled substance.
thanx,
Stan