[TR] TR4A Sputtering - Partially Solved

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Sat Sep 19 19:11:20 MDT 2009

That does shed a different light on the situation.  I was assuming that they
failed within the first few weeks or days of installation.

But there is not really much to the Pertronix unit that can fail.  Except
for magnets falling out, everything else is solid state.  I suppose that
some sort of high voltage arc could fry the unit but that seems to me to be
a bit of a rarity.

I would be very interested in failure analysis results if such data is
available from the manufacturer.

Joe