[TR] Valve Float

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Sep 19 07:06:54 MDT 2009

As a daily driver, my TR3 is on the road about an hour and a half a day,
hitting highway speeds of 80, sometimes 85, on I 93.

While I never do this as a rule, I did have occasion this week to need all the
power the car had to offer, and think I hit 100 mph, about which time the
engine faltered and stopped accelerating.B  Ran smooth and with power to that
"limit" point.B  Would this be likely due to valves unable to keep up?B  Or
might it be that the timing is a hair off, not noticeable during regular
driving?

It's a stock cam and everything else, with Pertrinox conversion, but I thought
the cars went to 120, something like that?B

Just curious, folks.B  I have no intention of doing this again any time soon!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire