[TR] Off-topic -deadly floormats?

P Caffrey pcaffrey at ymail.com
Fri Sep 18 18:37:24 MDT 2009

I may have missed something with all the exchanges on this topic, but I'm
wondering why a floor mat wedging the gas petal down couldn't just be pulled
back toward the driver before reaching high speed.  I had a situation where a
sloppy floor mat found its way to the gas pedal and the car accelerated.  I
grabbed the sucker and yanked it back toward the driver's seat....Problem
solved....There must be more to this story than floor mats.
Pat