[TR] Oil Pressure

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Sep 16 00:53:54 MDT 2009

> Before I give away my numbers, what range (idle to full
> acceleration) should
> one aim for with oil pressure on a TR3?

while I agree with Tony's numbers, I have seen TR3 engines survive with much
less.  In fact, I drove a whole year with an engine that showed no pressure
at all at hot idle, and no more than 30-40 psi at hot cruise with the
heaviest oil I could find.

I'll also throw out my usual caveat : Before you get too concerned over what
the gauge reads, make sure it is accurate.  Old gauges frequently lie.

Randall