[TR] question about renovating leather seats

Andrew Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 07:52:15 MDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave1massey at cs.com

Go to the experts.  Look for a tack shop or saddle maker and consult with
them.  In a pinch a local Farm and Fleet or Tractor Supply outlet may have
something that will work.  Skip the leather care products at the Auto
Schlepper.  They're bupkis.

==AM==
I couldn't agree more. Any good tack shop or similar that caters to the riding set (be it Western, English,
hunt, dressage, whatever) will have the products that work. Last I knew, Lexol products were still among the
very best, that advice coming from a well-respected tack shop who advised me to use same on leather strapping
for a church tower chime set -- but I digress). Whatever you use, don't expect instant and amazing results; if
it took 40+ years to get where it is, it ain't gonna get back to new -- period -- and it will take some effort
to get it back at all. But it's amazing how well one can bring back leather seating with work and patience.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us