[TR] Static Timing

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Sep 9 07:54:38 MDT 2009

> Perhaps I'm missing something, but the relative position of
> the rotor and point cam lobe cannot be changed by moving the
> drive gear.  Thus, you cannot get the light to illuminate
> with the rotor in a different place by moving the gear.

Oops, yer exactly right.  Had it confused with my Crane installation, where
the pickup position does affect where the rotor points.

Please ignore that portion of my previous post.  With points, only a
mechanical flaw in the distributor (like the advance mechanism bent,
disconnected or broken) would change the phasing.

Randall